CS/CS/SB 434: Disabilities/Service Animals
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Consumer Services ; Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fasano ; Haridopolos ; Rich ; Jones
Disabilities/Service Animals; provides that individual with disability has full & equal access to & enjoyment of public accommodations; provides that said individual may be accompanied by service animal in places of public accommodation; directs Fla. Americans with Disabilities Act Working Group & Human Relations Commission to provide recommendations to Executive Office of Governor, etc. Amends 413.08,.081.
Last Action: 5/26/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-63
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Commerce and Consumer Services
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/08/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 02/23/05, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 4 NAYS 1
• Now in Commerce and Consumer Services
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00031; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/08/05, 9:00 am, 401-S; Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00102; Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00102; On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 02/23/05, 2:00 pm, 110-S; CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 00104; CS read first time on 03/08/05 -SJ 00098; Now in Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00104; On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 03/09/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by- Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00135; CS read first time on 03/10/05 -SJ 00147; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00135
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00227; Read second time -SJ 00223; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00223; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00225
• Read third time -SJ 00237; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00237
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00902
• Substituted for HB 153 -HJ 01077; Read second time -HJ 01077; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01077; Read third time -HJ 01079; CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 01079
• In returning messages
• Concurred -SJ 01106; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01108; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01108
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-63
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.