HB 49: Tax/Substitute Communications System
GENERAL BILL by Stargel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Allen ; Altman ; Antone ; Barreiro ; Baxley ; Bean ; Benson ; Brandenburg ; Brown ; Brummer ; Bullard ; Cannon ; Carroll ; Clarke ; Cretul ; Davis ; Domino ; Evers ; Fields ; Flores ; Gannon ; Gibson ; Goldstein ; Goodlette ; Gottlieb ; Greenstein ; Grimsley ; Harrell ; Hasner ; Henriquez ; Holloway ; Homan ; Hukill ; Jordan ; Kottkamp ; Dick ; Kreegel ; Legg ; Littlefield ; Mahon ; Mayfield ; McInvale ; Murzin ; Needelman ; Poppell ; Proctor ; Reagan ; Roberson, Y ; Sands ; Sansom ; Seiler ; Smith ; Sobel ; Stansel ; Traviesa ; Troutman ; Waters ; Williams, T. ; Zapata
Tax/Substitute Communications System; deletes certain definitions; deletes provision re manner in which tax on gross receipts for communications services is applied to said system; deletes provisions authorizing imposition of local communications services tax on said systems; deletes provision authorizing imposition of gross receipts tax on actual costs of operating said systems; provides for retroactive operation, etc. Amends Ch. 202, 203.01, 624.105; repeals 202.15.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Community Affairs, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 2070 (Ch. 2005-187)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Finance & Tax (FC); Utilities & Telecommunications (CC); Fiscal Council
• On Committee agenda-- Finance & Tax (FC), 01/27/05, 8:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by Finance & Tax (FC); YEAS 7 NAYS 0; Now in Utilities & Telecommunications (CC)
• On Committee agenda-- Utilities & Telecommunications (CC), 02/08/05, 9:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by Utilities & Telecommunications (CC); YEAS 12 NAYS 0; Now in Fiscal Council
• On Council agenda-- Fiscal Council, 03/07/05, 3:00 pm, 212-K
• Favorable by- Fiscal Council; YEAS 18 NAYS 0; Placed on Calendar
• Introduced, referred to Finance & Tax (FC); Utilities & Telecommunications (CC); Fiscal Council -HJ 00016; On Committee agenda-- Finance & Tax (FC), 01/27/05, 8:00 am, 404-H; Favorable by Finance & Tax (FC); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00150; Now in Utilities & Telecommunications (CC) -HJ 00150; On Committee agenda-- Utilities & Telecommunications (CC), 02/08/05, 9:00 am, 404-H; Favorable by Utilities & Telecommunications (CC); YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 00150; Now in Fiscal Council -HJ 00150; On Council agenda-- Fiscal Council, 03/07/05, 3:00 pm, 212-K; Favorable by- Fiscal Council; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 00156; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00156
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00192
• Read third time -HJ 00201; Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 00201
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; General Government Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00292
• On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 04/12/05, 1:00 pm, 301-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 00454
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00454
• Died in Committee on Community Affairs, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 2070 (Ch. 2005-187)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.