CS/SB 2070: Communications Services
GENERAL BILL by Communications and Public Utilities ; Constantine
Communications Services; deletes provision re manner in which tax on gross receipts for communications services is applied to substitute communications system; creates Communications Service Tax Task Force; redefines term "communications services"; provides that definition of sales price for purposes of communication services tax does not include specified charges for Internet access services, etc. Amends Ch. 202, 203.01, 212.02, 624.105. APPROPRIATION: $600,000.
Last Action: 6/10/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-187; See also HB 1813 (Ch. 2005-280)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00204
• On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 04/12/05, 1:00 pm, 301-S
• CS by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00420; CS read first time on 04/13/05 -SJ 00433
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00420
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/26/05, 8:30 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 00566; Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00566
• Withdrawn from- Ways and Means -SJ 00637
• Withdrawn from Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00743; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -SJ 01182; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01182; Ordered engrossed -SJ 01184
• Read third time -SJ 01585; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01585; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01587
• In Messages; Received -HJ 01934; Read second time -HJ 01934; Read third time -HJ 01934; CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01934
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01661
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-187; See also HB 1813 (Ch. 2005-280)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.