CS/SB 612: Veterans' Day/Schools
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Hill ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fasano ; Posey ; Lynn ; Atwater ; Argenziano ; Klein
Veterans' Day/Schools; requires school districts to observe Veterans' Day; prohibits holding classes on that day; provides exception; requires date of Veterans' Day observance to correspond with federal holiday.
• Referred to Education; Community Affairs
• Introduced, referred to Education; Community Affairs -SJ 00040
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/15/05, 9:00 am, 110-S --Workshop-Discussed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/21/05, 12:30 pm, 110-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00246
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00246
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/05/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by- Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00349; CS read first time on 04/06/05 -SJ 00351
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00349
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00418; Read second time -SJ 00408; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00409; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00409
• Read third time -SJ 00448; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00448
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.