CS/SB 664: Acceleration Mechanisms
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Clary ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist
Acceleration Mechanisms; adds programs to list of public school choice options; adds programs to list of rigorous academic programs included in parent guide; specifies that dual enrollment courses are creditable toward high school graduation; revises instructional time requirements & provides for FTE calculation; provides additional course weights for Fla. Bright Futures Scholarship Program eligibility determination, etc. Amends FS; reenacts 1011.69(2).
Last Action: 5/4/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 00912; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00912; Substituted HB 579 -SJ 00912; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 579 (Ch. 2005-196)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/22/05, 9:00 am, 110-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/07/05, 2:30 pm, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Introduced, referred to Education; Education Appropriations -SJ 00043; On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/22/05, 9:00 am, 110-S --Temporarily postponed; On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/07/05, 2:30 pm, 110-S; CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00135; CS read first time on 03/10/05 -SJ 00147; Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00135
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/26/05, 3:00 pm, 412-K --Not considered
• Withdrawn from Education Appropriations -SJ 00811; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 00912; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00912; Substituted HB 579 -SJ 00912; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 579 (Ch. 2005-196)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.