CS/SB 974: Domestic Violence Fatality Review
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Children and Families
Domestic Violence Fatality Review; (OPEN GOVERNMENT SUNSET REVIEW) expands exemption from public-records requirements for confidential or exempt information obtained by domestic violence fatality review team to include information that identifies victim of domestic violence or children of victim; expands exemption from public-meetings requirements to exempt those portions of meetings at which confidential or exempt information is discussed, etc. Amends 741.3165.
Last Action: 5/3/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00886; Substituted HB 1921 -SJ 00840; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1921 (Ch. 2005-212)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• SPB 7014 submitted as a committee bill (SB 974) by Children and Families
• Referred to Children and Families; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Rules and Calendar
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 02/22/05, 2:00 pm, 301-S
• Favorable by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Children and Families; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00062; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 02/22/05, 2:00 pm, 301-S; Favorable by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00103; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00103; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/09/05, 1:30 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00134
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00134
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/12/05, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00455; CS read first time on 04/14/05 -SJ 00457
• Now in Rules and Calendar -SJ 00455
• Withdrawn from Rules and Calendar -SJ 00689; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00886; Substituted HB 1921 -SJ 00840; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1921 (Ch. 2005-212)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.