HB 1171: Travel To Terrorist States
GENERAL BILL by Rivera ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Allen ; Arza ; Attkisson ; Bogdanoff ; Bowen ; Cannon ; Clarke ; Cretul ; Davis ; Davis ; Flores ; Goldstein ; Grant ; Harrell ; Hasner ; Hays ; Dick ; Kreegel ; Llorente ; Lopez-Cantera ; Murzin ; Needelman ; Planas ; Roberson, Y ; Sansom ; Stargel ; Troutman ; Waters ; Williams, T. ; Zapata
Travel To Terrorist States; prohibits use of funds from Community College Program Fund, or funds made available to community colleges from outside fund, to implement, organize, direct, coordinate, or administer activities related to or involving travel to terrorist state; prohibits use of state or nonstate funds made available to state universities to implement, organize, or direct activities related to or involving travel to terrorist state, etc. Amends 1011.81,.90, 112.061.
Last Action: 5/3/2006 House - Substituted SB 2434; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to SB 2434 (Ch. 2006-54) -HJ 01139
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Community Colleges & Workforce (EDC); Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council -HJ 00088
• On Committee agenda-- Community Colleges & Workforce (EDC), 03/21/06, 2:15 pm, 24-H
• Favorable by Community Colleges & Workforce (EDC); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00281; Now in Education Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00281
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations (FC), 04/04/06, 4:00 pm Or Upon Adjournment of the Fiscal Council, 212-K
• Favorable by Education Appropriations (FC); YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 00346; Now in Education Council -HJ 00346
• On Council agenda-- Education Council, 04/10/06, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Education Council; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00414; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00414
• Placed on Special Order Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00660
• Temporarily postponed, on Third Reading -HJ 00932
• Temporarily postponed, on Third Reading -HJ 00949
• Temporarily postponed, on Third Reading -HJ 01014
• Substituted SB 2434; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to SB 2434 (Ch. 2006-54) -HJ 01139
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.