CS/SB 1174: Schools/Child's Record/Parent Rights
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations ; Miller
Schools/Child's Record/Parent Rights; requires that DOE include in parents' guide to student achievement info. about parents' rights re their child's permanent record; requires that checklist of parental actions that can strengthen parental involvement in their child's education be reviewed during parent-teacher conferences; requires school districts to include, when adopting specified rules, certain requirements requiring notification of parents, etc. Amends 1002.23.
• Referred to Education; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/07/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Education Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Education; Education Appropriations -SJ 00110; On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/07/06, 9:00 am, 110-S; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00192
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 412-K
• CS by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00580; CS read first time on 04/26/06 -SJ 00587
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00581
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Read second time -SJ 00809
• Read third time -SJ 01051; CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 01051
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.