CS/CS/CS/HB 1237: Postsecondary Education Programs
GENERAL BILL by Mealor ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Arza ; Brandenburg ; Carroll ; Hasner ; Hukill ; Sansom ; Stargel
Postsecondary Education Programs; creates 21st Century Technology, Research, & Scholarship Enhancement Act; creates Fla. Technology, Research, & Scholarship Board within Board of Governors of State University System; requires that board provide recommendations for 21st Century World Class Scholars Program & Centers of Excellence Program; authorizes college of medicine at University of Central Florida & Florida International University, etc. Amends Ch. 1004. APPROPRIATION: $108,000,000.
Last Action: 5/30/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-58
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Colleges & Universities (EDC); Economic Development, Trade & Banking (CC); Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council -HJ 00093
• On Committee agenda-- Colleges & Universities (EDC), 03/14/06, 3:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by Colleges & Universities (EDC); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00267
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Economic Development, Trade & Banking (CC) -HJ 00267
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Development, Trade & Banking (CC), 03/23/06, 2:30 pm, 306-H
• Favorable by Economic Development, Trade & Banking (CC); YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 00285; Now in Education Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00285
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations (FC), 04/04/06, 4:00 pm Or Upon Adjournment of the Fiscal Council, 212-K
• Favorable with CS amendment by Education Appropriations (FC); YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 00406
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Education Council -HJ 00406; On Council agenda-- Education Council, 04/10/06, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Education Council; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00417
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00417
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00656; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00657; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00657
• Read third time -HJ 00930; Passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 00930
• In Messages; Received, referred to Education; Judiciary; Ways and Means -SJ 00702
• Withdrawn from Education; Judiciary; Ways and Means -SJ 00818; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 2084 -SJ 00818; Read second time -SJ 00818; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00818
• Read third time -SJ 00979; Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as further amended -SJ 00979; Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00979
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01345, -HJ 01348; Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended -HJ 01348; Passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 01348
• In returning messages; Concurred in amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) -SJ 01206; Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01206
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01641
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-58
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.