CS/CS/SB 1542: Office of Public Counsel
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations ; Communications and Public Utilities ; Constantine ; Argenziano
Office of Public Counsel; provides additional authority to Public Counsel, including authority to provide legal representation to, & to appear on behalf of, state & its political subdivisions as consumers of communications services & utility services, to receive, investigate, & take legal action upon complaints involving communications services not within the jurisdiction of the Public Service Commission, etc. Amends 350.0611.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar
• References corrected to Communications and Public Utilities; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00130
• On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 03/14/06, 9:00 am, 301-S
• CS by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00261; CS read first time on 03/16/06 -SJ 00265
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00261
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 309-C
• CS/CS by- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00399; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00406
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00446; Read second time -SJ 00440
• Read third time -SJ 00483; CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00483
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.