CS/SB 1544: Telecommunications Carriers
GENERAL BILL by Communications and Public Utilities ; Constantine
Telecommunications Carriers; provides for local exchange telecommunications company to request waiver of its carrier of last resort obligation from PSC; provides additional authority to Public Counsel, including authority to provide legal representation to, & to appear on behalf of, state & its political subdivisions as consumers of communications services & utility services, to receive, investigate, & take legal action upon complaints involving said services, etc. Amends FS. APPROPRIATION: $800,000.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 142 (Ch. 2006-80)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; Rules and Calendar
• Introduced, referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00130
• On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 04/04/06, 1:00 pm, 301-S
• CS by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00398; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00406
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00398
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00446; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00738; Read second time -SJ 00723; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00724; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00724
• Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 142 (Ch. 2006-80)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.