CS/CS/SB 1750: Student Financial Assistance
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations ; Education ; Lawson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard ; Lynn ; Miller ; Wilson ; Dawson ; Hill
Student Financial Assistance; creates First Generation Matching Grant Program to provide financial aid to undergraduate students of state university who have financial need & whose parents have not earned baccalaureate degree; provides for appropriation, allocation, & distribution of funds; provides duties of institutions participating in program; requires postsecondary institutions to include certain testing costs in costs of attendance, etc. Creates 1009.701,.892. APPROPRIATION: $6,500,000.
Last Action: 5/2/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Substituted HB 795 -SJ 00817; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 795 (Ch. 2006-73)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Education Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Education; Education Appropriations -SJ 00143
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/14/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00260; CS read first time on 03/16/06 -SJ 00266
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00260
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 412 K
• CS/CS by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00580; CS read first time on 04/26/06 -SJ 00590
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00581
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Substituted HB 795 -SJ 00817; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 795 (Ch. 2006-73)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.