CS/HB 177: School Year/Opening Date
GENERAL BILL by Gelber ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Detert ; Goldstein ; Gottlieb ; Machek ; Porth ; Robaina ; Roberson, Y ; Slosberg ; Sobel ; Vana
School Year/Opening Date; amends specified provision re powers & duties of district school boards; provides requirement re opening date of school year; includes opening date requirement for participation in Fla. Education Finance Program; provides applicability beginning with 2007-2008 school year unless decision is made to apply beginning with 2006-2007 school year. Amends 1001.42, 1011.60.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Committee on Education Appropriations (FC), Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7087 (Ch. 2006-74)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 (EDC); Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 (EDC), 01/10/06, 1:15 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by PreK-12 (EDC); YEAS 10 NAYS 1
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b)
• Now in Education Appropriations (FC)
• Introduced, referred to PreK-12 (EDC); Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council -HJ 00026; On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 (EDC), 01/10/06, 1:15 pm, Morris Hall; Favorable with CS amendment by PreK-12 (EDC); YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 00135; Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Education Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00135
• Died in Committee on Education Appropriations (FC), Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7087 (Ch. 2006-74)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.