CS/CS/SB 1774: Building Codes
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Community Affairs ; Constantine
Building Codes; authorizes Fla. Building Commission to update & modify standard for wind design; authorizes said commission to adopt certain limited amendments to Fla. Building Code pursuant to rule adoption procedures for certain purposes after triennial updates; provides for use of private providers of building code inspection services under certain circumstances; defines term "fire hydrant" for purpose of Fla. Fire Prevention Code, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 6/1/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-65
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries -SJ 00145
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/21/06, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00317; CS read first time on 03/23/06 -SJ 00318
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 00317
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/18/06, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by- Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00448; CS read first time on 04/19/06 -SJ 00454
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00448
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00646; Read second time -SJ 00637
• Read third time -SJ 00666; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00667
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01006
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 1187 -HJ 01087; Read second time -HJ 01087
• Read third time -HJ 01171; Was taken up -HJ 01176; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 1 -HJ 01177
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00968
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-65
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.