CS/SB 194: Homestead Tax/Disabled Veteran/WW II
JOINT RESOLUTION by Ways and Means ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jones ; Haridopolos ; Wise ; Hill ; Garcia ; Smith ; Posey ; Baker ; Clary ; Margolis ; Alexander ; Peaden ; Campbell ; Sebesta ; Bennett ; Atwater ; King ; Lawson ; Argenziano ; Miller ; Crist ; Klein
Homestead Tax/Disabled Veteran/WW II; constitutional amendment to provide discount from amount of ad valorem tax on homestead of partially or totally permanently disabled veteran of WW II who was Florida resident at time of entering military service, whose disability was combat-related, & who was honorably discharged; to specify percentage of discount as equal to percentage of veteran's permanent service-connected disability, etc. Amends s. 6, Art. VII.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/05/05, 5:15 pm, 401-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 01/12/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0; Now in Ways and Means
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00055; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/05/05, 5:15 pm, 401-S; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00192; On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 01/12/06, 9:00 am, 110-S; Favorable by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00193; Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means, 03/23/06, 1:30 pm, 412-K --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means, 04/17/06, 2:30 pm, 412-K
• CS by Ways and Means; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 00448; CS read first time on 04/19/06 -SJ 00449
• Now in Rules and Calendar -SJ 00448
• Withdrawn from Rules and Calendar -SJ 00577; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00738; Substituted HJR 631 -SJ 00709; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HJR 631 (Passed)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.