CS/SB 2014: Theft/Stolen Motor Vehicle
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Wise
Theft/Stolen Motor Vehicle; provides that proof concerning possession of stolen motor vehicle having ignition or steering wheel lock that has been bypassed or broken, unless satisfactorily explained, gives rise to inference that person possessing motor vehicle knew or should have known that vehicle was stolen. Amends 812.022.
Last Action: 4/28/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Substituted HB 7021 -SJ 00682; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7021 (Ch. 2006-107)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary -SJ 00159
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/22/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/29/06, 3:30 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00354
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00354
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/25/06, 1:45 pm, 401-S
• CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00647; CS read first time on 04/27/06 -SJ 00653
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00647
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Substituted HB 7021 -SJ 00682; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7021 (Ch. 2006-107)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.