CS/SB 2168: Eminent Domain
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Judiciary ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) King ; Haridopolos
Eminent Domain; restricts certain transfers of property taken by eminent domain to certain natural persons or private entities; clarifies burden of proof for petition of condemnation; preempts power of eminent domain to state except as otherwise delegated by general law or special act; provides that prevention & elimination of slums & blight does not satisfy requirement under State Constitution that taking be for public purpose, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/2/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Read second time -SJ 00797; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00797; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00797; Substituted HB 1567 -SJ 00797; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1567 (Ch. 2006-11), HJR 1569 (Passed)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• SPB 7102 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2168) by Judiciary; Filed
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs -SJ 00172
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/06, 1:00 pm, 401-S --Discussed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/06, 3:15 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00398; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00412
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00398
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/24/06, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by- Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00579
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00579
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Read second time -SJ 00797; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00797; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00797; Substituted HB 1567 -SJ 00797; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1567 (Ch. 2006-11), HJR 1569 (Passed)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.