CS/CS/SB 2188: Mediation
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Campbell
Mediation; provides standards for conduct of mediation; provides for role of mediator & counsel in specified mediations; requires referral of certain cases to mediation; prohibits certain cases from being referred to mediation; requires Supreme Court to maintain list of certified mediators; requires court in certain family law cases to make mediation referrals in accordance with statute governing court-ordered mediation, etc. Amends Ch. 44, 61.183.
• Referred to Judiciary; Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00174
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00329; CS read first time on 03/29/06 -SJ 00341
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00329
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 37-S
• CS/CS by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00399; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00413
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00446; Read second time -SJ 00446
• Read third time -SJ 00489; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00489; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00490
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.