CS/CS/SB 2234: Education/Failing Schools
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Judiciary ; Judiciary ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Atwater ; Villalobos ; Argenziano ; Lynn ; Garcia
Education/Failing Schools; expresses intent of Legislature to create program to enhance failing schools; requires Education Commissioner to develop & submit such program to Legislature; provides scholarship eligibility to students receiving opportunity scholarships during 2005-2006 school year for limited amount of time; provides for unencumbered trust fund balances to be transferred into General Revenue Fund, etc. Amends Chs. 220, 1001, 1002, 213, 1008.
• SPB 7104 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2234) by Judiciary; Filed
• Referred to Judiciary; Education; Education Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Education; Education Appropriations -SJ 00177
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/06, 3:15 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 00398; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00413
• Now in Education -SJ 00398
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/18/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS/CS by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 00503; CS read first time on 04/20/06 -SJ 00511
• Withdrawn from- Education Appropriations -SJ 00446
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00504
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00738
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -SJ 00759; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00759; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00759; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00759
• Read third time -SJ 00973; CS passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 4 -SJ 00973
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.