CS/CS/SB 2278: Sexual Predator & Sexual Offender
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Criminal Justice ; Argenziano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Klein ; Posey
Sexual Predator & Sexual Offender; ranks in offense severity ranking chart of Criminal Punishment Code several offenses re failure by said predator or said offender to comply with certain reporting requirements; requires that info. on Internet registry re said predators & offenders include link to conviction & case info., if available; requires search of Nat'l Sex Offender Public Registry before person may work or volunteer at place where children regularly congregate, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/2/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Read second time -SJ 00805; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00805; Substituted HB 7187 (Died in House returning Messages) -SJ 00805; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 508 (Ch. 2006-235)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00238
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/22/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00329; CS read first time on 03/29/06 -SJ 00342
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00329
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/29/06, 3:30 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00375; CS read first time on 04/05/06 -SJ 00381
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00375
• Withdrawn from Justice Appropriations -SJ 00533; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Read second time -SJ 00805; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00805; Substituted HB 7187 (Died in House returning Messages) -SJ 00805; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 508 (Ch. 2006-235)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.