CS/CS/CS/SB 2280: High Risk Offender/Screening/Schools
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Education ; Criminal Justice ; Argenziano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Klein ; Posey
High Risk Offender/Screening/Schools; requires distinctive markings for driver's licenses & ID cards issued to persons who are designated as sexual predators or subject to registration as sexual offenders; redefines terms "permanent residence" & "temporary residence" in order to reduce number of consecutive days & days in aggregate which constitute residence of sexual predator for purposes of requirements that predator register with FDLE, sheriff's office, or DOC, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - In Messages; Died in Messages, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 508 (Ch. 2006-235)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Education; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Education Appropriations -SJ 00238
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/22/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00317; CS read first time on 03/23/06 -SJ 00319
• Now in Education -SJ 00317; On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/28/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS/CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00355; CS read first time on 03/30/06 -SJ 00362
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00355; On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/04/06, 3:15 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS/CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00398; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00413
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00398
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00447
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00447
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00931; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00931, -SJ 00964; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00965
• Read third time -SJ 01030; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01030
• In Messages; Died in Messages, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 508 (Ch. 2006-235)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.