CS/CS/SB 2366: Court Files/Public Records
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Judiciary ; Argenziano
Court Files/Public Records; provides that clerk of circuit court has no liability for inadvertent release of certain confidential or exempt information; requires said clerk to provide notice re inclusion of social security number or complete bank account, debit, charge, or credit card number in court or copy of court document; requires county recorder to use best efforts to redact said info. from electronic copies of official records documents, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/3/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00895; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00895; Substituted HB 1563 -SJ 00895; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1563 (Ch. 2006-285)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Justice Appropriations; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00243
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/06, 3:15 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00398; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00414
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00398
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/19/06, 1:30 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00534; CS read first time on 04/21/06 -SJ 00538
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00534
• Withdrawn from Justice Appropriations -SJ 00646; Now in Rules and Calendar
• Withdrawn from Rules and Calendar -SJ 00738; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00895; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00895; Substituted HB 1563 -SJ 00895; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1563 (Ch. 2006-285)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.