CS/SB 286: Sinkhole Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baker ; Lynn ; Dockery ; Crist ; Jones
Sinkhole Insurance; allows deductible amount applicable to sinkhole losses in policy for residential property insurance; authorizes insurers to make direct payment for certain repairs; excludes insurers from liability for repairs under certain circumstances; prescribes alternative method for resolving disputed sinkhole insurance claims; provides that recommendation by neutral evaluator is not binding on any party, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/4/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -SJ 00972; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00972; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00972; Substituted HB 217 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 00973; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1980 (Ch. 2006-12)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Regulated Industries; Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Regulated Industries; Judiciary -SJ 00062
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/05/06, 2:00 pm, 412-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/07/06, 9:00 am, 412-K -SJ 00387
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00448; CS read first time on 04/19/06 -SJ 00450
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 00448
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries -SJ 00446; Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/25/06, 1:45 pm, 401-S
• Favorable with 3 amendment(s) by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00579
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00579
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -SJ 00972; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00972; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00972; Substituted HB 217 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 00973; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1980 (Ch. 2006-12)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.