SB 354: Veterans' Day Observance/Schools
GENERAL BILL by Hill ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Atwater
Veterans' Day Observance/Schools; requires school districts to observe Veterans' Day; prohibits holding classes on that day; provides exception; requires date of Veterans' Day observance to correspond with federal holiday.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Committee on Education Appropriations (FC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 12/05/05, 5:15 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/10/06, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable by- Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Introduced, referred to Education; Community Affairs -SJ 00065; On Committee agenda-- Education, 12/05/05, 5:15 pm, 110-S; Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00191; Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00191; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/10/06, 9:00 am, 401-S; Favorable by- Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00193; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00193
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00012; Read second time -SJ 00226
• Read third time -SJ 00255; Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00256
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council -HJ 00993
• Died in Committee on Education Appropriations (FC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.