HB 981: Criminal Sentencing
GENERAL BILL by Seiler
Criminal Sentencing; provides that adjudication of guilt or imposition of sentence may not be suspended, deferred, or withheld for attempted felony murder committed against law enforcement officer, correctional officer, state attorney, assistant state attorney, justice or judge; provides for computing sentence points if primary offense is violation of specified provision, etc. Amends 775.0823, 921.0024, 947.146.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Committee on Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice (JC); Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice (JC); Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council -HJ 00075
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice (JC), 03/15/06, 9:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by Criminal Justice (JC); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00231; Now in Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00231
• Died in Committee on Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.