CS/CS/SB 1226: Merit Award Program/School Board Employees [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12 ; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rich ; Lynn ; Alexander
Merit Award Program/School Board Employees [SPCC]; establishes Merit Award Program for instructional personnel & school-based administrators; requires that district school board adopt Merit Award Program plan in order to receive funding under program; provides for reversion of funds that are not distributed when district or charter school chooses not to adopt plan; requires school districts to be able to administer end-of-course examinations with certain exceptions, etc. Amends Ch. 1012, 447.403. APPROPRIATION: $147,500,000.
Last Action: 3/29/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-3 -SJ 00297
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/21/07, 9:30 am, 110-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/07/07, 3:30 pm, 110-S
• Introduced, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Rules -SJ 00070; On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/21/07, 9:30 am, 110-S --Temporarily postponed; On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/07/07, 3:30 pm, 110-S
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00134; CS read 1st time on 03/15/07 -SJ 00164
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Remaining references corrected to Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00170; Now in Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 03/15/07, 9:45 am, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00173; CS read 1st time on 03/20/07 -SJ 00206
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00173
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00214; Amendment(s) adopted (314232, 144134, 112716) -SJ 00214; Read 3rd time -SJ 00214; CS passed as amended (314232, 144134, 112716); YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00214; Immediately certified -SJ 00214
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00238
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for CS/HB 7021 -HJ 00254; Read 2nd time -HJ 00254; Read 3rd time -HJ 00254; CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 4 -HJ 00255; Immediately certified -HJ 00255
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00242
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 00271
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-3 -SJ 00297
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.