CS/SB 1844: Homeowner's Associations [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Ring
Homeowner's Associations [EPCC]; provides that parcel owner is liable for all assessments on parcel; provides for payment of interest & late fees on unpaid assessments; prioritizes application of any payment received; prohibits placement of restriction statement on payment; provides for filing of claim of lien for unpaid assessments; provides for foreclosure of lien; provides for notice to owner; provides for qualifying offer from owner. Creates 720.3085.
Last Action: 6/19/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-183
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary -SJ 00120
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/09/07, 1:15 pm, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00330; CS read 1st time on 04/11/07 -SJ 00336
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00411
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00590; Amendment(s) adopted (934576, 550318) -SJ 00590; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00591
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00637; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 00637; Immediately certified -SJ 00637
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00951
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for CS/HB 1465 -HJ 00999; Read 2nd and 3rd times -HJ 00999; CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 00999
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00875
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-183
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.