CS/SB 2020: Firefighting [RPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Bennett
Firefighting [RPCC]; excuses certain firefighters from jury duty service; authorizes governing board of fire control district to recover court costs & attorney's fees in certain civil actions; authorizes said district to exempt property owned or operated by religious institutions from non-ad valorem assessments; provides for application of certain annexations within fire control district boundaries, etc. Amends 40.013, 191.008,.011,.016.
Last Action: 5/4/2007 Senate - Died in Committee on Judiciary
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Banking and Insurance; Judiciary -SJ 00129
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/22/07, 1:00 pm, 412-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/24/07, 1:45 pm, 412-K
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00615; CS read 1st time on 04/26/07 -SJ 00618
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Remaining references corrected to Judiciary; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00619
• Died in Committee on Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.