CS/SB 2142: Protecting Florida's Investments Act [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Operations ; Deutch ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pruitt ; Joyner ; Rich ; Gaetz ; Wilson ; Atwater ; Margolis ; Aronberg ; Baker ; Bullard ; Storms ; Hill ; Alexander ; Argenziano ; Bennett ; Carlton ; Constantine ; Crist ; Dawson ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Dockery ; Fasano ; Garcia ; Geller ; Haridopolos ; Jones ; Justice ; King ; Lawson ; Lynn ; Oelrich ; Peaden ; Posey ; Ring ; Saunders ; Siplin ; Villalobos ; Webster ; Wise
Protecting Florida's Investments Act [LPCC]; provides reporting requirements for executive director of SBA; requires SBA to identify all companies in which public moneys are invested that are doing certain types of business in or with Sudan & Iran; requires board to create & maintain certain scrutinized companies lists that name all such companies; requires board to divest of all publicly traded securities of scrutinized company under certain conditions, etc. Creates 215.442,.473.
Last Action: 6/8/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-88
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Military Affairs and Domestic Security; Governmental Operations; Judiciary; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00142
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs and Domestic Security, 03/27/07, 1:00 pm, 301-S
• Favorable by Military Affairs and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00257
• Now in Governmental Operations -SJ 00257
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Operations, 04/18/07, 2:15 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Operations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00507; CS read 1st time on 04/20/07 -SJ 00512
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Judiciary -SJ 00507
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/23/07, 1:30 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 00543; Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00544
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/24/07, 8:15 am, 401-S; Favorable by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00544; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00544
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00610; Amendment(s) adopted (812578, 503862, 415506, 331680) -SJ 00610; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00610
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00661; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00661; Immediately certified -SJ 00661
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00953
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for CS/HB 703 & HB 1431 -HJ 01023; Read 2nd and 3rd times -HJ 01023; CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01023
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00875
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-88
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.