CS/CS/CS/SB 2234: Regulation of Building Inspection Professionals [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Regulated Industries ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Crist
Regulation of Building Inspection Professionals [EPCC]; creates parts XV & XVI, of Miscellaneous Professions & Occupations law, re regulation of home inspectors, mold remediators & mold assessors; authorizes DBPR to establish fees; provides for certification of partnerships & corps. offering home inspection services; requires home inspectors to maintain specified insurance policy; requires certificate of authorization for certain persons & entities practicing home inspection services, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 6/27/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-235
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Criminal Justice; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00148
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/09/07, 1:15 pm, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00329; CS read 1st time on 04/11/07 -SJ 00339
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00329; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/17/07, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00439; CS read 1st time on 04/18/07 -SJ 00451
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00439
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/24/07, 8:15 am, 401-S
• CS/CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00545; CS read 1st time on 04/25/07 -SJ 00558
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00545
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00683; Amendment(s) adopted (675356, 650378, 190872) -SJ 00683; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00684
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00704; Amendment(s) adopted (782500, 283756) -SJ 00704; CS passed as amended (782500, 283756); YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00704
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01013; Placed on Special Order Calendar -HJ 01012; Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1399 -HJ 01017; Read 2nd time -HJ 01017; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01017; Read 3rd time -HJ 01017; CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01017
• In returning messages
• Concurred -SJ 01240; CS passed as amended (748563); YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 01241; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01241
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-235
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.