CS/HB 35: Education/Children of POWs or MIAs
GENERAL BILL by Schools & Learning Council ; Jordan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Allen ; Porth ; Cretul ; Patronis ; Dick ; Sachs ; Sands ; Holder ; Scionti ; Nehr ; Hukill ; Jenne ; Traviesa ; Zapata ; Roberson, Y ; Homan ; Snyder ; Galvano ; Glorioso ; Altman ; Harrell ; Hays
Education/Children of POWs or MIAs; expands provision of educational opportunity at state expense for children of servicemembers, or civilian personnel captured while serving with consent or authorization of United States Government, classified as prisoners of war or missing in action. Amends 295.015.
Last Action: 4/19/2007 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/SB 412; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 412 (Ch. 2007-168) -HJ 00536
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to Postsecondary Education (SL) by Schools & Learning Council
• Introduced, referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00012; Referred to Postsecondary Education (SL) by Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00115
• On Committee agenda-- Postsecondary Education (SL), 03/13/07, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Postsecondary Education (SL); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00215
• Now in Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00215
• On Council agenda-- Schools & Learning Council, 03/27/07, 1:00 pm, 212-K
• CS by Schools & Learning Council; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 00305
• CS read 1st time on 03/29/07 -HJ 00301; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00311
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/13/07, 10:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 00461
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00461
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/SB 412; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 412 (Ch. 2007-168) -HJ 00536
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.