CS/HB 55: Domestic Violence/Employee Leave [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council ; Porth ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Richardson ; Heller ; Scionti ; Ford ; Gibbons ; Bucher ; Roberson, Y ; Brandenburg ; Thompson, N. ; Bendross-Mindingall ; Jordan ; Ambler ; Precourt
Domestic Violence/Employee Leave [SPCC]; defines terms "domestic violence," "employee," "employer," "family or household member," & "victim"; requires that certain employers permit employee to take leave from work to undertake activities resulting from act of said violence; requires private employer to keep information re employee's leave confidential & governmental agency to keep such information confidential & exempt to extent authorized by statute, etc. Creates 741.313.
Last Action: 6/12/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-107; See also HB 63 (Ch. 2007-108)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council
• Introduced, referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00013
• Referred to Business Regulation (JE) by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00224
• On Committee agenda-- Business Regulation (JE), 03/29/07, 4:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Business Regulation (JE); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00312
• Now in Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00312
• On Council agenda-- Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council, 04/20/07, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00586
• CS read 1st time on 04/23/07 -HJ 00574; CS filed; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00584
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00686
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00779; CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 00779
• In Messages; Received, referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Commerce; Judiciary; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00620
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Commerce; Judiciary; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00680; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 188 -SJ 00681; Read 2nd time -SJ 00681
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00700; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00701
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 00889
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-107; See also HB 63 (Ch. 2007-108)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.