CS/CS/SB 624: Uniform Premarital Agreement Act [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Judiciary ; Aronberg
Uniform Premarital Agreement Act [LPCC]; requires that premarital agreement be in writing & signed by both parties; provides that agreement is enforceable without consideration; authorizes parties to said agreement to contract re certain specified issues; provides that agreement becomes effective upon marriage; provides for amendments to, revocation, & abandonment of agreement; provides for enforcement of agreement; provides for application of act, etc. Creates 61.079.
Last Action: 6/19/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-171
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 00042
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/13/07, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 00133; CS read 1st time on 03/15/07 -SJ 00162
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 00133
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/10/07, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00360; CS read 1st time on 04/12/07 -SJ 00363
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00360
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00601
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00644; CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00644; Immediately certified -SJ 00644
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01441; Substituted for CS/HB 577 -HJ 01441; Read 2nd and 3rd times -HJ 01441; CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01441
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01295
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-171
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.