CS/CS/SB 1276: Educational Facilities [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Education Facilities Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations ; Bennett
Educational Facilities [SPCC]; Amends a provision relating to district school tax. Revises provisions relating to school district expenditure of capital outlay millage under certain circumstances. Increases the maximum authorized amount of a day-labor contract to $280,000. Authorizes construction of dormitories on a community college campus that is within a municipality that is designated as an area of critical state concern and meets certain requirements, etc.
Last Action: 6/23/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-213; See also HB 5083 (Ch. 2008-142), CS/SB 6-C (Ch. 2007-328)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Education Facilities Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/20/08, 2:15 pm, 110-S
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 4 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Education Facilities Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Education Facilities Appropriations -SJ 00079; On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/20/08, 2:15 pm, 110-S; CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00131; CS read 1st time on 03/04/08 -SJ 00127; Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Education Facilities Appropriations -SJ 00131
• On Committee agenda-- Education Facilities Appropriations, 03/25/08, 5:15 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Education Facilities Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00346; CS read 1st time on 03/26/08 -SJ 00349
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00346
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00383; Amendment(s) adopted (325238) -SJ 00383; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00383
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00420; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00420
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00974
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 01165; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01165; Read 3rd time -HJ 01166; Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 01166
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01225
• In returning messages
• Concurred -SJ 01553, -SJ 01554; CS passed as amended (965519, 925409, 657429, 511761); YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01554; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01554
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-213; See also HB 5083 (Ch. 2008-142), CS/SB 6-C (Ch. 2007-328)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.