SB 1986: Homeowners' Associations/Lien Claims [RPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Ring
Homeowners' Associations/Lien Claims [RPCC]; Provides that when authorized by the governing documents, a homeowners' association has a lien on each parcel to secure the payment of assessments and other amounts. Provides that the act does not bestow upon any lien, mortgage, or certified judgment of record on July 1, 2008, a priority that the lien, mortgage, or judgment did not have before that date, etc.
Last Action: 6/17/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-175
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Banking and Insurance
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Banking and Insurance -SJ 00117
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/19/08, 1:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00287
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00287
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/08, 1:00 pm, 110-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/08, 10:45 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00477; Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 00477
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/15/08, 9:15 am, 412-K
• Favorable by- Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 00618; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00618
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00813
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00835; Amendment(s) adopted (887968) -SJ 00835; Passed as amended (887968); YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00836
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01033
• Substituted for CS/HB 921 -HJ 01302; Read 2nd time -HJ 01302; Read 3rd time -HJ 01302; Passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01302
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01094
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-175
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.