CS/SB 2470: Condominium Associations [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Deutch
Condominium Associations [EPCC]; Requires that hazard insurance be based upon the replacement cost of the property to be insured as determined by an independent insurance appraisal or update of a prior appraisal. Provides that policies may include deductibles as determined by the association's board of directors. Authorizes an association to purchase coverage on behalf of an owner under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Died in Committee on Judiciary, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 601 (Ch. 2008-240), CS/HB 995 (Ch. 2008-28)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Banking and Insurance; Judiciary -SJ 00275
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/25/08, 9:30 am, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00372; CS read 1st time on 03/27/08 -SJ 00376
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Remaining references corrected to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 00378; Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 00378
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/15/08, 9:15 am, 412-K
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00617; Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00617
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/22/08, 1:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 00752; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00752
• Died in Committee on Judiciary, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 601 (Ch. 2008-240), CS/HB 995 (Ch. 2008-28)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.