CS/HB 1249: Community Associations
GENERAL BILL by Safety & Security Council ; Altman ; Hudson
Community Associations; Revises & provides provisions relating to condominium & condominium owner insurance coverage; authorizes association or group of associations to provide adequate hazard insurance through self-insurance fund; provides coverage requirements for policies entered into after specified date; provides that policies may include deductibles as determined by board; provides requirements for deductibles, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 House - Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 601 (Ch. 2008-240)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00102
• Referred to Safety & Security Council -HJ 00218
• Referred to Courts (SS) by Safety & Security Council -HJ 00221
• On Committee agenda-- Courts (SS), 03/19/08, 8:00 am, 216-C
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Courts (SS); YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -HJ 00313; Now in Safety & Security Council -HJ 00313
• On Council agenda-- Safety & Security Council, 04/09/08, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Safety & Security Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00527
• CS read 1st time on 04/15/08 -HJ 00523; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00611
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Retained on Calendar -HJ 00695
• Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 601 (Ch. 2008-240)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.