CS/HB 415: Cosmetology
GENERAL BILL by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council ; Carroll ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard ; Chestnut ; Davis ; Ford ; Gibbons ; Homan ; Sachs ; Thompson, G. ; Zapata
Cosmetology; Redefines "cosmetology" to include specified services & exclude artificial nails & use of certain skin treatments; defines "hair stylist," "esthetician," & "nail technician"; includes body wrapping within esthetician services; removes distinction between specialty salons & other salons; authorizes hair technician, esthetician, nail technician, & cosmetologist licensure, etc. APPROPRIATION: $117,163.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 House - Died in Policy & Budget Council, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 601 (Ch. 2008-240)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to Business Regulation (JE) by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council
• On Committee agenda-- Business Regulation (JE), 02/21/08, 1:30 pm, 216-C
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Business Regulation (JE); YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Now in Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council
• Introduced, referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00036; Referred to Business Regulation (JE) by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00131; On Committee agenda-- Business Regulation (JE), 02/21/08, 1:30 pm, 216-C; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Business Regulation (JE); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00142; Now in Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00142; On Council agenda-- Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council, 03/06/08, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 00214
• CS read 1st time on 03/10/07 -HJ 00217; CS filed; Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00214
• Died in Policy & Budget Council, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 601 (Ch. 2008-240)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.