CS/CS/HB 595: Ad Valorem Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Policy & Budget Council ; Government Efficiency & Accountability Council ; Nelson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Attkisson ; Randolph ; Schultz
Ad Valorem Taxation; Revises authority of property appraiser to inspect property for assessment purposes; revises information required to be provided on disclosure of tax impact form; revises assessment of homestead property damaged or destroyed by misfortune or calamity; revises required time limitations for filing applications for homestead exemptions; specifies requirements for data to be published by DOR, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Died in Messages, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 909 (Ch. 2008-197)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Government Efficiency & Accountability Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Introduced, referred to Government Efficiency & Accountability Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00048
• Referred to State Affairs (GEA) by Government Efficiency & Accountability Council -HJ 00205
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs (GEA), 03/12/08, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by State Affairs (GEA); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00284; Now in Government Efficiency & Accountability Council -HJ 00284
• On Council agenda-- Government Efficiency & Accountability Council, 03/19/08, 9:45 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Efficiency & Accountability Council; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 00345
• CS read 1st time on 03/26/08 -HJ 00341; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00361
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/10/08, 2:00 pm, 212-K -HJ 00486
• CS/CS by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 30 NAYS 0 -HJ 00516
• CS read 1st time on 04/14/08 -HJ 00506; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00525
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 00701
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00911; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00911
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01268; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01268; CS passed as amended; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01268
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 909 (Ch. 2008-197)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.