CS/CS/CS/SB 756: Wrongful Incarceration Compensation [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Judiciary ; Joyner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Webster ; Dockery ; Lynn ; Wilson
Wrongful Incarceration Compensation [LPCC]; Creates the "Victims of Wrongful Incarceration Compensation Act." Provides a limited method by which a person may seek the status of a wrongfully incarcerated person who is eligible and entitled to compensation under the act. Requires a sworn petition by the claimant. Requires the petitioner to show verifiable and substantial evidence of actual innocence. Directs the CFO to purchase an annuity on behalf of the claimant, etc. APPROPRIATION.
Last Action: 5/28/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-39
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00047
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/18/08, 2:00 pm, 110-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/25/08, 12:45 pm, 110-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 5 -SJ 00373; CS read 1st time on 03/27/08 -SJ 00373
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00373; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/01/08, 1:00 pm, 401-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/08/08, 10:45 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00479; CS read 1st time on 04/09/08 -SJ 00483
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00479
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 04/15/08, 2:15 pm, 37-S
• CS/CS/CS by- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 00619; CS read 1st time on 04/16/08 -SJ 00623
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00619
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00685; Amendment(s) adopted (715362, 541382, 325798) -SJ 00685; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00686
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00703; CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 1 -SJ 00703
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00972
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 01146; Read 3rd time -HJ 01147; CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01147
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00979
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1025 -HJ 01818
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-39
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.