CS/SB 844: Insurance [CPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Bennett ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fasano
Insurance [CPSC]; Prohibits a self-insurance association, fund, or pool from requiring its members to provide more than a specified maximum period of notice of any member's intent to withdraw. Prohibits an agent or a family member of such agent from being designated as a trustee or guardian or being granted power of attorney unless he or she is a family member of policy owner or insured, or is a bank or trust company duly authorized to act as a fiduciary, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2010 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 885 (Ch. 2010-61), CS/CS/SB 2176 (Ch. 2010-175)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Criminal Justice; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/02/10, 1:30 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Banking and Insurance (707432); YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/04/10, 8:00 am, 37-S
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Criminal Justice; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00060; On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/02/10, 1:30 pm, 412-K; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Banking and Insurance (707432); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00162; Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments); Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00162; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/04/10, 8:00 am, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00190; CS read 1st time on 03/11/10 -SJ 00238
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00248
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00580; Amendment(s) adopted (884116, 777604, 727058, 644106) -SJ 00580; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00582
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00620; Amendment(s) adopted (153986) -SJ 00621; CS passed as amended (153986); YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00621
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 885 (Ch. 2010-61), CS/CS/SB 2176 (Ch. 2010-175)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.