CS/SB 1974: Driver's License Examinations
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Hill
Driver's License Examinations; Provides requirements for examination questions pertaining to traffic regulations relating to blind pedestrians. Requires the curricula of driver improvement schools to include instruction on the dangers of driving while distracted. Requires the curricula of traffic law and substance abuse education courses to include instruction on the dangers of driving while distracted.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 737
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Transportation; Budget -SJ 252
• Introduced -SJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/29/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 308
• Now in Budget -SJ 308
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/15/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Budget; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 498
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 737
• Amendment(s) adopted (682466) -SJ 737
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 689 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 737
• Laid on Table -SJ 737
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.