CS/SB 1992: Background Screening
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Background Screening; Provides that mental health personnel working in a facility licensed under ch. 395, F.S., who work on an intermittent basis for less than 15 hours per week of direct, face-to-face contact with patients are exempt from the fingerprinting and screening requirements. Adds law enforcement officers who have a good moral character to the list of professionals who are not required to be refingerprinted or rescreened. Requires the Board of Nursing to waive background screening requirements for certain certified nursing assistants, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Budget (BC)
• SPB 7056 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1992) by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Budget -SJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 269
• Introduced -SJ 252
• Now in Budget -SJ 269
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/15/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Budget; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 498
• Read 2nd time -SJ 521
• Amendment(s) adopted (295122, 480232, 501148, 612684, 721528) -SJ 521
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 522
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 550
• Amendment(s) adopted (665250) -SJ 550
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 550
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1018
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1018
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1065
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1134
• CS passed; YEAS 106 NAYS 0 -HJ 1135
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2012 Regular Session) -SJ 114
• Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 125
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.