CS/SB 524: Seaports
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hill ; Garcia ; Joyner ; Ring ; Storms ; Gaetz ; Bennett ; Jones ; Bullard ; Sobel ; Altman ; Smith
Seaports; Deletes provisions relating to statewide minimum standards for seaport security. Deletes provisions authorizing the Department of Law Enforcement to exempt all or part of a seaport from specified requirements in certain circumstances. Prohibits a seaport from charging any fee for administration or production of access control credentials that require or are associated with a fingerprint-based background check, in addition to the fee for the federal TWIC, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 283 (Ch. 2011-41), SB 2104 (Ch. 2011-51) -SJ 698
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Transportation (TR)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Transportation; Budget -SJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/10/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 46
• Favorable by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 204
• Now in Transportation -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/16/11, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 236
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 236
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 255
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 473
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 468
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 568
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 629
• Amendment(s) adopted (281852) -SJ 629
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, withdrawn (281852) -SJ 693
• Amendment(s) adopted (810008) -SJ 693
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 283 -SJ 698
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 283 (Ch. 2011-41), SB 2104 (Ch. 2011-51) -SJ 698
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.