CS/SB 2068: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax ; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Taxation; Providing for the collection of allowances of the amount of tax due by persons who file returns only by electronic means and pay the amount due on such returns only by electronic means; deleting provisions that provide for the collection of such allowances by persons who file paper returns; adopting the 2012 version of the Internal Revenue Code for purposes of ch. 220, F.S.; requiring the Department of Revenue to provide adequate notice to affected taxpayers relating to earlier due dates for making an estimated payment, etc.
Last Action: 2/23/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118), HB 5701 (Ch. 2012-145) -SJ 586
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
- Budget (BC)
• SPB 7182 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2068) by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• Referred to Budget -SJ 281
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 303
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/01/12, 10:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 281
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 340
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/15/12, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 523
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 585
• Amendment(s) adopted (255720) -SJ 585
• Substituted HB 5701 -SJ 586
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118), HB 5701 (Ch. 2012-145) -SJ 586
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.