SB 532: College Credit for Military Training and Education Courses
GENERAL BILL by Altman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Sachs ; Evers ; Oelrich
College Credit for Military Training and Education Courses; Requiring the Board of Governors of the State University System and the State Board of Education to adopt regulations and rules, respectively, which enable United States Armed Forces servicemembers to earn college credit for college-level training and education acquired in the military, etc.
Last Action: 2/28/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 347 (Ch. 2012-169) -SJ 694
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations (BHI)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 12/05/11, 9:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 01/12/12, 10:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 47
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Budget -SJ 135
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 160
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, 01/25/12, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/01/12, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 314
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 314
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 694
• Substituted HB 347 -SJ 694
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 347 (Ch. 2012-169) -SJ 694
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.