CS/SB 938: Insurance Agents and Adjusters
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Richter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Oelrich
Insurance Agents and Adjusters; Deleting a requirement that an insurer pay an agent tax for each county in which an agent represents the insurer and has a place of business; revising the definitions of “adjuster” and “home state”; revising provisions relating to who may bind insurance coverage; revising provisions relating to continuing education requirements; providing that persons on active military duty may seek a waiver; revising provisions relating to the purpose of the general lines and personal lines license and certain requirements related to general lines and personal lines agents; requiring persons transacting mortgage guaranty insurance to be licensed and appointed as a credit insurance agent; revising the licensure application for bail bond agents to include certain information etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 725 (Ch. 2012-209) -SJ 918
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 78
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/09/12, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 78
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 107
• Now in Budget -SJ 112
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 160
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 01/19/12, 2:45 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Now in Budget -SJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 917
• Amendment(s) adopted (916578) -SJ 918
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 725 -SJ 918
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 725 (Ch. 2012-209) -SJ 918
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.