CS/SB 648: Health Insurance Marketing Materials
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Hukill
Health Insurance Marketing Materials; Authorizing a health insurer to immediately begin using long-term care insurance advertising material under certain circumstances; providing that rules adopted by the Financial Services Commission to establish the format for the notice of the estimated premium impact of the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act pursuant to specified legislation are not subject to s. 120.541(3), F.S., relating to the adverse impact or regulatory costs of a rule, etc.
Last Action: 6/17/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-174, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1842 (Ch. 2013-101)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Health Policy (HP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Policy -SJ 49
• Introduced -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/20/13, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 240
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/09/13, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 397
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 397
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 468
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 555
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 1 -SJ 556
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 974
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 974
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1006
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 675 -HJ 1006
• Amendment(s) adopted (536753) -HJ 1006
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1036
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 103 NAYS 11 -HJ 1037
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (536753) -SJ 989
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 989
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 989
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-174, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1842 (Ch. 2013-101)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.