SB 832: Powers of Attorney
GENERAL BILL by Joyner
Powers of Attorney; Authorizing a notary public to sign the principal’s name to the power of attorney under certain circumstances; providing that an original power of attorney, rather than a photocopy or electronic copy, may be required under certain circumstances; providing that an original power of attorney may be presented for recording in the official records for a fee; adding exceptions to a provision that prohibits an agent who has accepted appointment from delegating authority to a third person, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 841 (Ch. 2013-90) -SJ 516
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/06/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 60
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 156
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/21/13, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Now in Rules -SJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/13, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 397
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 397
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 516
• Substituted CS/HB 841 -SJ 516
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 841 (Ch. 2013-90) -SJ 516
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.