CS/HB 1219: Veterans' Employment
GENERAL BILL by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee ; Raburn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Eisnaugle ; Harrell ; Mayfield ; Metz ; Nunez ; Raschein
Veterans' Employment; Requires state agencies, & authorizes political subdivisions of state, to develop & implement veterans' recruitment plan; requires DMS to collect specified data & include such data in its annual workforce report & on its website; provides applicability.
• Introduced -HJ 102
• Referred to Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 228
• On Committee agenda-- Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 01/25/16, 4:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 307
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 305
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/08/16, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 413
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 413
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/18/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 508
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 508
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 663
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 700
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 700
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 651
• Received -SJ 651
• Withdrawn from Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 635
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 635
• Substituted for CS/SB 1538 -SJ 635
• Read 2nd time -SJ 635
• Read 3rd time -SJ 635
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 635
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 823
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-102
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.